Toxic Nail Polishes Trigger Histamine So Try These Instead
Summer is that time of year when everyone in the northern states and countries breaks out the flip-flops and sandals after a long winter of boots and shoes and seeks out some fun new nail polish. But do you know what’s in nail polish? There’s a reason why the smell is so potent it can almost knock you out as you step into a salon. It is absolutely toxic and can totally set off symptoms in those with histamine intolerance and mast cell disorders. But — don’t worry; here are some less toxic options you can try, and one that’s totally non-toxic and histamine-friendly.